The first quarter of 2014 has flown by, here in the northstate. We posted late last year the Top 10 Most Expensive Homes For Sale around here hoping to meet a wealthy buyer with big a pile of new money from the Twitter IPO, or some other start-up gazillionaire. So what happened? Here are the Top 10 luxury homes that have actually sold so far this year, starting with #10:
10. This 5000+ sqft beauty on Swede Creek sold for $600K. It had listed at $695K and took 400 days. Sold by Mike Rossiter of Coldwell Banker.
9. This 4145 sqft home in Montgomery Ranch sold for $695K. Listed originally by Eric Smith of Sheldon Largent Realty for $795K, it took 331 days.
8. This 2500+ sqft lakefront beauty in Shingletown sold for $667K. It was listed by Don Wilkins of Coldwell Banker at $799K, and took 225 days.
7. This 2800+ sqft on 27 acres northeast of Redding sold for $680K. It was listed by John Loveless of Results Realty for $699K, and took 57 days.
6. This 3700+ sqft home in the Tierra Oaks neighborhood sold for $745K. It was listed by Nueme Wells of House of Realty at $795K, it took 141 days.
5. This 4125 sqft home west of Redding sold for 784K. It was listed by Chad Phillips of Vista Realty at $995K, and took 306 days. We recall it once sold for $1.3M in 2006.
4. This 4370 sqft home on 3 acres near Tierra Oaks sold for $850K. It was listed by Angie Spencer of Century21, at $950K, and was on market for 196 days. This was the listing agent’s home.
3. This 3617 sqft home on the Sacramento River sold for $900K. It was listed by Ron White of The Real Estate Group for 1.29M. It was on market for 378 days.
2. This large $7850 sqft should be familiar to anyone whose seen it on Bechelli just south of Riverview Golf Club. It sold for $1.2M. Originally listed at $1.65M by Craig and Carol of Coldwell Banker, it was on market for 607 days.
(Drumroll please) And now for #10. Which was somewhat ironically a foreclosure we featured on our Foreclosure Deal of the Day blog
, back in November of 2013. Back then, we wrote of it:
“Because you deserve to own 1.5 square miles of planet earth in a lovely natural setting with a fabulous home
. A foreclosure listing broker could go their whole career and never get anything as nice as this home to sell.
“REO Bank owned property. 962 +/- acres. An estimated 605-620 farmable acres w/ approximately 552 +/- under flood irrigation all in orchard grass. The remaining farm ground leveled, ready to develop. Several wells, ponds and canals deliver water to underground mainline system. 2 large hay barns, pole barn, shop, small barn and storage buildings. Borders Pit River on West side. Remainder of ranch is fenced and gated. 253 ac under WRP conservation easement not contiguous to main ranch. Stunning 2980 sf home. Open living, dining and kitchen under wood and beamed vaulted ceiling, 4 stone fireplaces, 3 gas, one wood w/gas starter and one outside under covered porch BBQ area. Office off main entry as well as wine cellar alcove. Granite throughout home, including laundry. Fabulous master suite w/corner Jacuzzi, dual sinks, dual tiled shower, huge walk in closet w/stack washer/dryer space. Guest room with private bath. 2nd home is cabin style offering main living area w/kitchen, 2 bedrooms, one bath and upstairs loft. Unique walking bridge to 20 ac man made lake. “As Is” Sale Addendum. Seller has limited knowledge regarding subject property.”
So writes foreclosure listing agent Donna Utterback of California Outdoor Properties. We can get you more photos if you are interested, or can get you out there for an appointment. Looks like you’ll need to prepare to have your breath taken away.”
Not only your breath. It also took $2.75M USD away. It took 188 days to sell.
So that’s our list. If you would like to see more detail, and more photos of each of these Northern California Luxury homes, we have the full list at the link.
And if you are a tech start up gazillionaire looking for a home near here, we can help you find more like these. Call or Text (530) 356 4500